Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Signs of Spring!








I took my camera and went for a walk around my place. I found a few signs of spring! It was about 55 degrees this afternoon, but the wind was gusting over 30 miles per hour so that made it pretty chilly.
The little pink flower is the only creeping phlox that is blooming out of all the phlox I have....wonder why it is blooming so much earlier than the rest? The violas really winter over pretty good. I often find them blooming during the winter in protected places but this winter was a bit hard on them. It was good to find some daffodils coming up. There should be a lot more of them as well as tulips, crocus, hyacinths, etc. The earliest sign of spring aroung here is usually the pussy willow. Its fuzzy little buds are so soft! I picked a bouquet of them to bring inside.
The top picture and bottom picture obviously aren't really signs of spring, but they are so happy to lay in the warm sun. The dog is Aly. She is a Plott hound. Cole hunts coon with her. She is a goofy dog with a lot of personality. The cat is mine. Her name is Cinnamon Toast or CT for short.
Looking forward to much warmer weather and the arrival of my garden seeds!
Jo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your signs of Spring. I did see some violas trying to bloom on the east side of the house the other day. My tulips and daffodils are peeking through even if they are on the north of the house.