Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lucky!



This is the time of year when photographers usually focus on marketing programs and plans that will take them through the year. My blog circle subject for the month is “lucky,” so this has been in the back of my mind as I have been working on business goals and marketing plans. It is clear that success isn’t simply a matter of luck, but hard work and good decisions. However, sometimes it seems luck plays a part when something you hadn’t planned works out! Conversely, bad luck can be a painful learning experience! So, let’s be positive and think lucky from a business standpoint!

These are some quotes I found about luck and being lucky that I liked. Unfortunately, most of them did not give credit for the quotes but they were good ones.

1. A real man makes his own luck. 

2. I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

3. I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often. – Brian Tracy

4. Diligence is the mother of good luck.

I am lucky to be doing what I love. I am lucky that I can set my own schedule, even though I tend to be a workaholic, I can work late and sleep late, at least most mornings! Lucky to have a studio space in my house! My house isn’t large and my studio space is not space I would dream of having but it works. Living in the country means I have beautiful outdoor locations right outside my door, even if the gravel roads aren’t always very nice getting here!

Lucky is often a matter of perspective. We had a strong wind that blew down a tree. It wasn’t lucky that the wind blew over the tree, but it was lucky the tree feel where it did and made a great spot for family portraits!

I am lucky to have great clients that believe in me and my ability to capture moments that they will treasure forever. While I feel incredibly lucky to have all of my clients and to enjoy each area of my business, these little people make me feel especially lucky! 




Stop by my friend Livie's blog and check out her take on "lucky."

5 comments:

Lynnea said...

Adorable shots!

Lisa McConnell said...

Great shots Jo! Love the newborn one right after "charmer"! Cute!

Unknown said...

Love your concept of LUCK!

Kristi Williams said...

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. - I agree! Love the photos!

Tessa said...

Love your take on this month's theme!