Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 2013!

So, I fully intended to do weekly blog posts starting at the first of the year. Despite my good intentions, that just hasn't happened! My major excuse is having surgery on Dec. 27 that has really hard to bounce back from. I had a nissen fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair. The surgery went fine but eating and feeling good since have been really hard. In the three weeks since the surgery, I have lost 20 lbs. While losing weight is a plus, the loss of strength and muscle tone are definitely not! On a more positive note, I am feeling better and I have been able to have some photo sessions but strength and endurance are taking a lot more time to return than I would like!!

Our monthly blog circle theme this month is "black & white." My first thought was that's easy...I have the perfect subject, my dalmatian, Callie. Trying to get the photo that I envisioned of her was an epic fail! Yesterday, I had a maternity session and I love maternity photos in a warm black and white so I will share a few of those with you.


This afternoon, I looked out to see it was snowing hard. I couldn't resist a few black and white snow pictures to complete my post.



Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog! Take a minute to stop by Livie's blog and see her black and white vision for the month!

5 comments:

Lisa McConnell said...

Wow...sounds like quite a recovery! Keep getting well!

Enjoyed your post...especially liked the snowflakes on the deck! So clear!

Olivia Vaughan said...

I love some of the snowy ones!

The J's said...

Beautiful! I love the snowy B&W's also

Tessa said...

I agree, the snow images are so pretty!

Kristi Williams said...

Great photos! Especially love the blustery winter storm ones.