Saturday, March 26, 2011

On a Personal Note: Observations from dress shopping....

Problems I have trying to shop for a dress as mother of the groom.
  • I am too tall...if the dress hits the model at the knees, it's more the mid thigh for me...not pretty!
  • If the dress has a waist line, it becomes an empire waist for me...looks silly.
  • If the dress comes in a color I am looking for, the style is inappropriate.
  • I really don't like dresses all that much.
  • I am not really a dressy person.
  • I really like black....for many reasons!
  • I hate "old lady" looking clothes and find that most dresses make me feel that way.
  • There are very few dresses that come in talls and they look frumpy!
  • It's hard to shop for a 90+ degree day outfit when it's in the 30's!
Maybe I should be a clothing designer....at least then I could design what I need to wear!






2 comments:

Shayla said...

I can TOTALLY relate to #1 & #2!!! I have bought very few dresses over the years because of those issues. I am 5' 9.5" and have a long torso - HORRIBLE combination when it comes to dress shopping!
I say go for a dressy looking skirt and top set - in the formal section. (as long as the top/jacket doesn't have a 'waist', that is! LOL!)

Lynisha Weeda said...

WHOOPS! That was NOT "Shayla" (my younger sister), that was me! I didn't pay attention to who logged into blogger last!