Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time Flies When You're Havin' Fun!!

Can't believe how long it has been since I posted! I have been very busy taking and editing pictures so I'd better get some posted!! I have also been busy with garden stuff....we really eat our veggies this time of year...everything from zucchini to beets, kale to chard, cabbage and even some turnips!! We had our first sweet corn last night and we have a had a few tomatoes and cucumbers. The eggplant and okra aren't far off. I love the all the veggies and could just live on them, but some other family members aren't quite so happy about it!

Last night, used this recipe to use up some swiss chard. It was fast and easy and just used one pan. I liked it!

Swiss Chard and Bacon

15 lg stalks of swiss chard with tough stems removed
1 small onion diced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 or 4 slices of bacon
black pepper to taste

Chop bacon into small pieces and fry until nearly crisp in a large skillet, add onion and fry until onion is tender and bacon is crisp. Drain off excess grease. Cut chard into 1/2" strips and add to skillet. Cook until tender. Add vinegar and toss. Serve hot.

*I used more vinegar...more like 2 tsp or more.

No comments: