Thursday, May 29, 2008

For Bryden's Perusal!



This seed pod was given to me by a person that told me it was a hibiscus and that it self seeded. Bryden doesn't believe that it is a hibiscus and wants to see the seed pod and seed to see if he can identify what it is. He is mostly just afraid that it is a hollyhock. I love hollyhocks and he, for no valid reason I can determine, hates hollyhocks. I have fond memories of spending a lot of time at Charlie and Bessie's making hollyhock ladies!
So, what is your determination, Bry?

2 comments:

Bryden said...

uhhhhhhhhh

Its hard to tell from those pictures but my best guess is Rose of Sharon, which is very close to a holly hock. I don't know though we will have to see but if its a stupid holly hock somehow someway it will won't last long.

http://wintersown.org/wseo1/Rose_of_Sharon_Seeds/IMAG003A.JPG

mud said...

Doesn't look like a hollyhock seed to me. Hollyhocks are fun and pretty while they are blooming, but not so pretty the rest of the year. They did a good job of hiding outhouses and other backyard sheds years ago.